Search This Blog

April 19, 2014

*Second Post Toady* WHAT is THAT?! lol!


Happy Easter Weekend!

This is my second post today, so if you are looking for my Bugaboo Stamps Bingo post, please scroll down!

I am still dealing with grey skies and rain this morning, so decided to sit down and do some digital "playing around" in my PSE, again.
I'm using the same set of images as I did on my post last night, Stampin' Up Brushstroke Hummingbird, which I have scanned into my computer so I can play digitally with them.

Usually when I make cards I am following a sketch, or challenge guidelines. The cards I have to show you today were made for a different reason, though. You see, my mom and dad are business owners: she owns a landscape company, and he is a licensed builder and does home renovating and deck building, and such. They work together, so in the months with appropriate weather they are outside doing landscapes and hard-scapes, and in the colder months they work indoors. Anyhow, a long time ago (I'm talking a decade ago), I had made up a bunch of cards for my mom to use for thank you notes, or 'whatever'. This was back when I was first starting out with stamping. Well, my mom being my mom, she still has a lot of those cards. Why?? Because they're terrible!! lol! They lack any sense of style! Seriously, it's laughable how bad they are! I know she has them because every couplem onths she will have to send me some money (I do some graphic work for her), and she always puts it in one of those awful cards. It's become sort of a joke between us, a "look how far you've come" in terms of creative growth. 
Anyhow, here are some new cards I made her, with a note telling her to throw those 'uglies' away! lol! I know.....you're probably wanting to see that ugly card, aren't you?! Well, it's posted toward the bottom of my post for you.....and don't worry, I'm completely not offended when you laugh at it! lol! ;)

Click Image to Enlarge


The hummingbird card uses the images the same way I did in yesterdays card. The bumblebee card uses the flowers the same way, but.....obviously, I used the bee instead of the hummingbird, this time. I added the little bee trail, it is not part of the stamp image.
I used my Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders for my main image and the open scallop border. My papers are some very old Sizzix Little Sizzles, Watercolor papers.

I colored all my lines, and I had sized three different digital stamps of the flower vine to create the cluster on my card. I had to rotate the images a bit to fit them into place where I wanted to. If you enlarge the image to look closer, you should be able to see the two different green tones on the stems and leaves. 

Okay....so I promised a pic of the 'ugly'......here it is!
Enjoy the giggle! lol! I sure did!
Torn edges, stamped on lilac?? Whaaaaat was I thinking?! Now you all know why I do things digitally and don't stamp or color! lol!
(You'll notice that I've digitally reversed my hummingbird in my new cards. I forgot to mention that above).


Happy Crafting!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I truly appreciate it, and would love it if you would leave me a comment so I know you came to visit!
Please feel free to browse my blog, I'd love to be your inspiration for your next project! :0) If you're not already a follower, and like what I create, please consider following me! :0) ====>>

Challenges Entered
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
The Crafters Cafe - CAS
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Digistamps 4 Joy - Easter or Spring
Paper Shelter Challenge - Spring is Here
Simon Says Stamp - CAS
Whimsy Inspiration - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Amazing at how we progress, isn't it? These cards are very pretty and have a nice line that the eyes follow. Yes, you have come a long way, as we all have, so don't go picking on yourself! I'm glad you posted "before" and "after". It's good to see how we've found our style over years of creating. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week and hope to see more of your "after" cards soon. :) Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card Cheryl. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter, good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have done a lovely job with this.... quite pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter challenge... xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking collection of cards. Really pretty. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at DigiStamps4Joy for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the CAS design of the new cards, Cheryl ! Perfect for Thank You cards. Wish I had some of those in my stash. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Great designs! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so LOVE that you included one of your first pieces of art! I too remember those days. I don't even think I have pictures of my early work. But no one starts out a pro. I think all your creations above are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!