Search This Blog

November 8, 2014

Rumble in your tummy?

It's Saturday, which means a new challenge over at Catch the Bug today! 
This week's theme is
Food
It's November, the time when we are normally thinking of comfort foods to ward off the chills, and mentally making our shopping list and to-do list for the upcoming feast. I took a different route for my card, though. I needed to add a birthday card to my stash of cards, so I made one with cupcakes and cakes in mind!

Click Images to Enlarge

This is my first time inking up this great Chef Pierre - Cake image. I colored him in PSE, then used my Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders dies to cut the edge of the image layer. I have to say, this is definitely not one of my favorite cards, of late. I thought I was being clever by adding some shadowing behind him and the sentiment, but I've decided it just isn't working for me the way I had intended, so that is probably the last time I will do that (the way I did it, that is. I have 'other' shading techniques that I think I like better). Anyhow. I used some busy papers, and hindsight is 20/20.....I should have added some bold solids to break them up more because I'm not liking how busy this card turned out, either; thus, the hand-drawn dash along the edge of the image layer. Hmmmm.....should I have posted this?! lol! Geez....

Well, I have shared with you my not-so-great card for todays theme challenge, now..... let's see your creation this week! Whip up your project and head on over to Catch the Bugto play along, enter it into the Mr. Linky located at the bottom of the challenge post!
By entering your project, you could win up to TEN Bugaboo images!

Pick up this cute Bugaboo image, and others, over at the Bugaboo Stamps Store, and make sure you also jump over to the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog: it's where you can find out all the lastest "dish" on what challenges are happening and what other challenge sites that Bugaboo is sponsoring (more chances to win some free Bugaboo!). It's also where you can check out all the other fantastic DT projects, including the OBG (Oldie But Goodie) stuff, the ABC (Anything But a Card) items, and the Tuesday New Releases......plus so much more!

Happy Crafting!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
If you enjoyed your visit, please consider following me ======>>

4 comments:

  1. Great birthday card! That image is so cute! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such yummy fun. Ooh that cake looks in danger lol.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at your girl...quit picking your cute card apart! LOL I can relate to not 'bonding' with a card occasionally-it happens to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shading! We are our own worst critics when it doesn't match the picture in our head, though, I totally get that :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!